Diamond jewellery is gaining popularity around the world due to its durability and beauty. Women wear different kinds of jewellery at different occasions such as birthdays, weddings and engagement ceremonies. Moreover jewellery items are used as gifts for sisters, mothers, wives and girl friends. It is the requirement of every women and she selects it according to her budget and demand. These days you can find a large number of jewellery products from different online and offline stores. However, you should know some important tips to guide you while buying jewellery items.
1. First of all you need to buy diamond jewellery items from reliable and safe online or offline jewellery shops. It is an expensive kind of shopping so you should be careful; a little carelessness can lead to disappointing results. You should trust the reputation of the shop or company from where you are going to buy.
2. It is an important point to remember that you should know about the purity of gold which you are buying. In other words you should know information about karats since that would provide information about the purity of the gold used in the item and hence its value. Gold is a soft metal so it is impossible to make jewellery items from pure gold therefore other metals are added to give rigidity and durability. 24 karat gold is pure gold but very soft so this form can be bent easily and it can change its shapes when one tries to wear it.
3. 18k gold is 75% pure, 14k gold, 12k and 10k gold also vary in purity. The ratio of mixing a metal in gold varies from each type of gold therefore you should understand its karat composition and ensure that proper guarantees are provided. When the other metal is added in excess then it gives more hardness to gold and vice versa.
4. How will you receive your purchased diamond jewellery items? Will the company ship them to your home or you yourself will carry them? What would be its shipping charges if bought from online stores? Everything should be clear before buying a jewellery item.
5. The most important point for guidance is to buy jewellery items from the jewelers who are members of reputable jewelers association or have multiple physical locations.
6. You should know about the manufacturer of jewellery to make the right decision. Diamond jewellery from a known manufacturer is considered genuine product so try to buy reliable and renowned products having trademark.
Khurram Zaveri is an expert on diamond jewelry and a part of Minawala, which specializes in diamond rings manufacturing.